Kilimanjaro bike trek
Kilimanjaro bike trek is our new product of trekking the Kilimanjaro Mountain, Kilema route is the only route that Bike trek to Kilimanjaro Mountain can reach to the top of the Mount Kilimanjaro by mountain bike. Our Legend Muksin Mushi and the founder of Homeland adventure have done Kilimanjaro bike trek as the first Tanzanian and African to do the whole trip for 2 days https://www.facebook.com/tzparks/photos/a.344384588965486.77514.343923452344933/1448337408570193/?type=3&theater Normal this trip took 5 days with proper acclimatization.
Below is the officially Mountain bike Itinerary on the Mount Kilimanjaro via Kilema route (Mountain biking is our specialty!)
- Day 1 – Marangu/Kilema Gate – Horombo Hut
- You will be picked from your Hotel at 8:30 am, This morning we drive through Kilimanjaro’s semi-tropical foothills to Marangu Gate, Spend some minutes for registrations and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding, Up to Horombo Hut. Today is 100% cycling by bike.
- Cycling distance 19 Km. Vegetation: Forest and Moorland
- Day 2: Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
- After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will riding on small stone, up to Mawenzi Hut and back to Horombo.
- Today is 90% riding Vegetation “Alpine desert. Cycling distance: 10 Km
- Day 3: Horombo – Kibo Hut (4703 M)
- After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone on most areas
- Cycling today is 90%. Vegetation: Alpine Desert.
- Day 4: Kibo Hut – SUMMIT (5895 M) – Horombo Hut (3720 M)
- At 4 am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up a long screen slope. After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another 3 hours to Gilman’s Point, You will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After Lunch lunch ride down to Horombo
- Today cycling, from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15%-20%, from Kibo to Horombo 100%. Vegetation “Alpine desert /Ice cap
- Day 6. Horombo Hut(3720 M) – Kilema gate (1800 M) After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rain forest to Kilema gate, then you will be transfer to Marangu gate for check out and then to your Hotel.
It would be USD 2800 per person.
Kilimanjaro Bike trek price includes:
- 1 night stay before start date and 1 night stay on last day of the trek at hotel in Moshi or Marangu, including breakfast
- Mountain Bike and Mountain Guide
- Arrival and Departure transfers from airport
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents (or hut fees for Marangu route)
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Oxygen Tank
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
Price does not include:
- Your flights/visas
- Tips to the mountain staff (Much appreciated)
- Meals other than breakfast while in the Moshi hotel and Alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, snacks, etc
- Personal gear like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Portable toilets – can be provided for USD 80 per toilet