Marangu waterfalls and culture
A day trip to Marangu waterfalls and the heart of Chagga culture.
You will start from Moshi and drive to Marangu for an hour and a half. Here you will visit the Chagga caves. They have been used during the war between the Chagga and Maasai people. Your local guide will tell you more stories about Chagga people, the tribe that lives around Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Next you will get to visit the Chagga museum, where you will get to know more about their history and
culture, you can see their traditional houses, type of weapons they were used during the war, and their agricultural achievements.
As our last activity of the day you will drive for approx. 15 minutes to a waterfall, which we can only reach by walking a small trail for about 20 minutes. Here you can enjoy the lush green of Kilimanjaro, take amazing pictures and relax for a while.
On our way back we will stop by at Marangu hotel for lunch, after which we will drive back to Moshi.
- Sunhat,Sun glasses,Sun cream and rain coat (Unpredictable weather in some areas).
- Walking shoes
- Camera (Telephoto lens recommended) with charger as it possible to charge in the jeeps.
- First aid kit and other medicine like pain killer, Insect Repellent.
- Small Day Park and Big beg.
- Warm clothes of the cold weather.
- Option if Mountain biking, Bike helmet if you need to bring yours, bike gloves.Biking clothes and bike gloves, bike shoes if you will like to have a clip pedals you can request and send us the type of it or you come with it and we attach to the bike
What is included in the trip:
– Private Transport to the gates and back
– Fresh Lunch, water + test of the local traditional drink(Banana beer)
– Entry fees to the all visiting places
What is not included?
– Personal spending money
Recommended is 10$ a person.
Price in the different type of transport and number of people.
|Number of people||Transport type
Private 4×4 jeep
|Private transport not 4×4||Local Bus(Dala Dala)Public|
|5 and more||80$||60$||35$|