A day trip to Materuni Waterfalls
You will drive to the slopes of Kilimanjaro, up to Materuni village. From there you will hike for about 30 minutes and pass by the local coffee farmers where you will get a chance to hear how local farmers grow coffee and process it till it’s sold. Also you will get time to prepare your own coffee and drink and take some home with you. This will take about an hour.
After this you will walk for 45 minutes to the waterfall, passing villages of the Chagga, which is a native tribe that lives on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. Near the waterfall you will have lunch and a possibility to rest and enjoy the nature around.
What to see: A variety of exotic plants and trees, coffee and banana trees, different fruits and animals, especially many different birds.
Bring sun cream, sun glasses and proper shoes.
– Lunch, water and try of Banana beer as the local traditional brink(Mbege)
– Coffee tour at the local coffee farmer.
– Entry fees
– English speaking guide
– Walking sticks
Trip does not include:
– Personal spending money
- Sunhat, Sun cream and rain coat (Unpredictable weather in some areas).
- Walking shoes
- Insect Repellent.
- Camera (Telephoto lens recommended) with charger as it possible to charge in the jeeps.
- Walking sticks
- First aid kit like badged and other medicine like pain killer.
- Sun glasses
- Small Day Park and Big beg.
|Number of people||Price per person per day|
|6 and more||60$|